- I think today I’ll do some exercises, and I may seek new ones.
- Hovering over the keyboard, his fingers contemplated their next move.
- Clouds drenched us overnight and gray hangs overhead this morning, so I feel like writing about water.
- Last night I told my wife I think writing well would mean writing full time, but I don’t think I will take on that challenge soon.
- As it turns out, knowing where to put the commas isn’t all that hard.
- My grammar for fiction writers book is in my desk drawer, yet I resist opening either util I can nail all the conjunctions.
- I don’t think I will get them all from memory, plus I haven’t figured out how to use ‘nor’ at all.
- I’m still shaky on the introductory phrase, for I often find I write longer ones than I think are allowed to be called introductory.
- I’m not sure if questions constitute a full sentence, nor am I sure why I would think that were true.
- Eesh, that nor one kills me.
- I shouldn’t forget the comma before names. Right, Scott?
What other exercise can I dream up?
I read about SVO order, and I thought I might work on that more. I also read one author who recommended back loading sentences with your core thought. Either of those might make good exercises.
I’ll explore those later.
xxx words on day 586